Monday, September 10, 2007

Hi everyone! I was looking at our family blogspot, and it didn't have enough pictures, so I decided to show you some pictures from our Oregon trip! The people in the above picture look somewhat. . . troubled.
He he. Bet those guys never thought they'd end up in THIS situation!
A seafood feast
Be still my racing heart!
This is the skunk cabbage plant I made Missy get in. Doesn't she look like a cabbage patch kid?
Brian, Hilary, Dad
Woops! Of course I forgot to flip this picture. Here we are clamming.

The disappointment on our faces tells the story that this clam was much too small :(
I had a hard time finding pictures of Joseph on this trip, but you can kind of see him in this one. Also, I had a great picture of everyone fleeing the ocean in front of the Tsunami evacuation route sign, and now I can't find it. It might be on Brian's computer with my Joseph pictures!
This was before the crabs started pinching each other's legs off
Here is a picture of Joseph climbing the fence
A messy little Enoch
I call this one "Unattractive Farrer Children"
Fish anyone?
So, there you go. I hope someone can find the Tsunami Evacuation Route picture. It is REALLY funny! I am still waiting around for authorization to take my nursing boards. That's why I have all this time to blog. Thanks for the latest posts. It's so fun to hear about what everyone's doing!

Oh, maybe I'll add this. . . Labor Day weekend my band played in the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival which was very fun. We have many new songs and also we've been writing many originals. We are playing in the Vernal Storytelling Festival September 22nd. Dad is coming with me since Carl will be in play rehearsal.

Carl has been cast as Ichabod Crane in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow again this year (a role he practically invented he's so good at it). You can go to the website at sleepyhollowshow.com. I think there are pictures of Carl on there.

Here's some more news. . . I've been hired on the Bone Marrow Transplant unit at the University Hospital as a full-time RN. I have also been hired as an on-call nurse at the Birth and Family Place, a birth center that does only natural births! I am excited about these opportunities because the BMT unit is a 10-bed step-down ICU, so it's very acute and I really like oncology. Plus I have my foot in the door for when the birth center needs full-time nurses which is really what I want to do. That was confusing to read. . . sorry. Carl is still working in the Progressive Care Unit (also a step-down ICU) at St. Mark's Hospital. He just started a 6-week Advanced Cardiac Life Support Class. He is SO GOOD at reading EKG's! He rattles off all kinds of abnormal rhythms like it's nothing. I kind of know what normal sinus rhythm looks like. Anyway, hopefully I will be authorized, scheduled, and done with my N-CLEX by the end of September so I can start working. Have a lovely day everyone!

No comments: