Friday, January 9, 2009

Boot Camp

I'm finally getting around to adding something small to our family blog. I have joined the Salt Lake Adventure Boot Camp that my trainer, Sonia, started. I go 3-4 mornings each week at 0530. I thought it would be hard to do but it turns out to be lots of fun. I get a combination of cardio and weights in an hour, get home by 0635 and am done with my exercises for the day.

The most exciting thing for me today was that I jogged a whole mile without stopping. I've never done that before and never thought I could do it. I walk miles without a problem but jogging was a whole other story. (It really helps to have a good bra that keeps me from bouncing all over the place.) At the end of the four week camp I'll do it again and see if I can better my time. No pictures as yet but I'll work on that.

2 comments:

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

Mom, I'm requesting the name of your excellent bra, as I find myself even larger and more bouncy than ever before. I need one with EXCELLENT motion control. Please let me know what you've got! Nice entry, by the way!

Missy said...

Holy Crap Mom! You're inspiring! Have you seen the show Biggest Loser (weight loss)? You're like one of the "mom" contestants that have that, "I'm gonna' kick my butt into gear" type attitude that always wins them in the end. I want to be you some day.