Saturday, November 3, 2007

Before the move, we did have a chance to celebrate Halloween a little. Joseph experimented with being Elmo and a mardi gras participant, but ultimately settled on a giraffe (picture not on computer yet).

Well, we're in Hillsboro. In two weeks, I found out I had a job in Portland, quit my old job, moved my family to Robin's house in Hillsboro, and had an overnight work trip my first day. It was harrowing, exciting, and exhausting.


I love the new job. It is exactly what I was looking for (a chance to use my training to help regular people). As a pulic servant, I have taken the necessary vow of poverty. We are exploring housing options. We'd like to buy, but we'll have to see what's possible based on my salary.


In the mean time, we are having a fun time with Robin and Briton. Joseph and Talmage really get along well together and do a lot to entertain each other. There are some challenges associated with getting Joseph and Talmage accustomed to sleeping in the same room and synchronizing bed-time. To further complicate things, Joseph climbed out of his crib for the first time today when he was done with his nap. Because he was so quiet, I didn't know until I noticed the time and went in to check. He had emptied all of the wipes containers onto the floor and carefully distributed all the diapers in the room in a random pattern on the floor. We're not sure what this development means yet as far as shared sleeping quarters.
We hope all is well with the rest of you.

2 comments:

Patriarchal Pride said...

My oh my! The most life-changing milestone of your lives! No, not taking on a new job and moving to Portland, but your offspring figuring out how to get out of the crib all by himself. David, this was the most unnerving change your Mom and I had to adjust to when you were a toddler. Nothing compared with the 3:00 a.m. experience of opening my bloodshot, glazed eyes in bed and seeing your happy wakeful face six inches from mine. You had a very self-satisfied look on your face that said "Now you can never relax again! I have burst the bonds of cribdom and now can walk the Earth by day and night as I choose."

By the way, we loved the photos!

Love, Dad

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

I want to know what Joseph had to do for the Mardi Gras beads!